Pure wool quilts handmade in South Africa
Compliment your bedroom with one of our absolutely stunning handmade pure wool quilts, in your choice of a range of beautiful botanical prints, filled with our signature pockets of 100% Merino wool.
The gorgeous printed fabric is 17% linen and 83% pure cotton. You have a choice of printed fabrics on the top side, with pure cotton percale on the back. Our handmade quilts are over-sized at 280 x 240cm’s and will drape beautifully over any size bed from queen size to super king!
These eye catching pure wool quilts are perfect for summer evenings instead of a duvet, and can be used as additional warmth in winter. Not only are they hypo-allergenic because they do not attract dust mites, the natural thermo-regulating properties of wool allow heat and moisture to evaporate through the wool filling.
Each quilt is filled with approximately 200 grams of wool per square metre, with each quilted block holding fluffy packs of wool, hand filled by our wonderful staff.
Feel the Difference with a Wool Filled Quilt
After your first night’s sleep under our lightweight printed pure wool quilt, you will immediately feel the difference if you’ve slept under a plastic or down duvet before. Our duvets will keep you at the perfect temperature while you sleep, no matter the temperature outside. If you’re a hot sleeper or suffer from night sweats, opting for a lightweight quilt of wool will allow you to manage heat and moisture more effectively – reducing humidity and delivering a naturally healthy sleep.
Technical Specifications for our handmade wool quilts
- Filling weight: 200gsm (equivalent to approximately 2-5 tog)
- Filling: 100% pure wool
- Outer Fabric: 17% linen / 83% pure cotton printed in the design of your choice
- Construction: 100% scoured and carded wool enveloped in a cotton/linen blend casing.
- Care Instruction: Our wool quilts are mostly natural fibres, so shouldn’t need cleaning often (simply airing the product in the sun can do it the world of good). These quilts are dry clean only. Do not tumble dry, and do not iron. Spot cleaning can be done.
- Manufactured in the Karoo, in South Africa’s sheep country.